The news of Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek’s death spread quickly, with several major artists expressing respect and sadness via Twitter. Slash, who got his start in L.A. rockers Guns N Roses – who played many [...]
Keyboardist and founding Doors member Ray Manzarek passed away today at 12:31 PT at the RoMed Clinic in Rosenheim, Germany after a lengthy battle with bile duct cancer, according to a post on the Doors’ official Facebook page.
Ted Nugent frequently writes about gun rights, but now his older brother, Jeffrey, has posted his opinion on the matter: and it turns out, he disagrees with Ted — and the NRA — on a key issue. Jeffrey Nugent wrote a May 17 op-ed about firearms for The Washington Post, where he stresses the need for stronger background checks, a sore point for the NRA.
“It’s not something I’m actively seeking. But I’m not totally against the idea either. It just seems like I always hear that’s not going to happen.” – John Fogerty on the possibility of a Creedence Clearwater Revival reunion.
A spokesman for Michael confirmed he had been involved in an accident on Thursday but said the singer only had “superficial cuts” and was “fine.” No arrests have been made.
What do newly inducted Rock And Roll Hall Of Famers Rush and Public Enemy Have in common? Well, probably not much — besides Primus?
The latest Star Trek flick, Star Trek: Into Darkness, is out now, giving us a perfect excuse to put together a Trek playlist.
The Rock Hall Induction Ceremony is always a long affair — but it always has great moments. This year’s was better than most, and whittling it down to five was no easy feat.
“They’ve influenced not only me, but a whole generation of Seattle musicians, and also musicians worldwide. Their body of work stands the test of time.” – Jerry Cantrell on Heart
It’s notable that the songs from the band’s new album, “La Futura” went over well: It was produced by Rick Rubin, who is famous for not going into the studio until the material holds up to their catalog. Judging by the audience’s reaction, Rubin can declare “mission accomplished.”
Black Sabbath will appear on the show, performing a new song, “End Of The Beginning.”
Hot Right Now
- Punk Goes Pretty At Met Gala Met Gala Goes Punk Great Gatsby Dress Exhibit -... Coachella 2013 Day 3
- Coachella 2013 Best Fashion Coachella 2013 Day 2 Coachella 2013 Day 1 Coachella 2012 Best Fashion
- Adele's Potential Wedding... ACM Awards Fashion: The Good,... Spring/Summer 2013 Column... Katy Perry's Red Carpet...
- Chris Brown Joins Forces With... Julien Macdonald Fall/Winter... One Direction Sit For Madam... Morrissey’s March Madness
- Musicians Pay Respect to Ray Manzarek On Social Media
- Rock The Bells Says Show Will Go On, Hopefully With The Blessing Of ODB’s Widow
- Cody Simpson On What To Expect From His New Album ‘Surfers Paradise’
- Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Succumbs To Cancer
- Ted Nugent’s Brother Speaks Out About Gun Control: ‘The NRA Has It Wrong’
- This Week In Late Night TV: The National, John Fogerty and Thirty Seconds to Mars
- As I Lay Dying’s Tim Lambesis Claims Steroids Led To Murder Plot Against Wife
- Trace Adkins Wins ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
- UPDATE: Beyonce Reportedly Not Pregnant With Second Child
- Coachella 2014 Dates Announced, Early Tickets On Sale Friday