In our Radio.com Essentials profile, Rucker broke down country music stereotypes and explained the stories behind many of the songs on his new album, while Entertainment Weekly’s Grady Smith provided some back story on the former Hootie & the Blowfish singer.
“This storm has devastated the community that I grew up in. I rode my bike through those neighborhoods. I have family and friends in Moore. My heart and prayers go to those that have lost so much,” he said.
For the sophomore album, titled ‘Surfers Paradise’ (out July 16), Simpson told Radio.com he knew exactly how he wanted the record to sound. He describes it as a “classic summer album” and said to expect a few pop songs like his latest single, “Pretty Brown Eyes,” a light-hearted club track which introduces his rap skills, along with a few quieter acoustic tracks.
Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull have teamed up again for their latest party anthem, “Live It Up.” In the new music video, the duo joins forces from the fashion runways in Paris to the beautiful beaches of St. Tropez.
The first time Josh Turner heard “Long Black Train,” his second single ever, on the radio in 2003, he had to pull off the road.
“His music really speaks truth and honesty and it really connects with the audience and even just standing side stage and watching him do his thing, his presence is very overwhelming,” Rachel Reinert said.
The first all-female AI finale in nine years crowned a winner, Candice Glover, but the Season 12 finale still didn’t rack up the numbers.
“I’m also absolutely smitten with ‘I Love It’ by Icona Pop,” she said. “It’s the way reckless abandon sounds in my head. I play it right before I go onstage.”
“When the music comes on and I listen to the lyrics it puts me in a different place and I feel like I’ve been heartbroken for years and I haven’t seen my man in 20 years and I’m only 17,” she said.
In a new interview BSB reveals details of their new album, ‘In A World Like This,’ their documentary and their tour. It seems the ‘As Long As You Love Me’ chair dance is back alright!
Nicki Minaj may be a star now, but she remembers life when things were a little different. In the June/July issue of ‘Teen Vogue,’ Minaj opens up how she dealt with bullies back in high school and even now.
Hot Right Now
- What the hell is going on with Russia, Azerbaijan and these missing @Eurovision votes? cbsloc.al/12sBGGj 1 hour ago
- Punk Goes Pretty At Met Gala Met Gala Goes Punk Great Gatsby Dress Exhibit -... Coachella 2013 Day 3
- Coachella 2013 Best Fashion Coachella 2013 Day 2 Coachella 2013 Day 1 Coachella 2012 Best Fashion
- Adele's Potential Wedding... ACM Awards Fashion: The Good,... Spring/Summer 2013 Column... Katy Perry's Red Carpet...
- Chris Brown Joins Forces With... Julien Macdonald Fall/Winter... One Direction Sit For Madam... Morrissey’s March Madness
- Storm-Chasing Member Of Shiny Toy Guns Sees Oklahoma Hometown Destroyed By Tornado
- Russia, Azerbaijan & The Battle Over Missing Eurovision Votes
- Robin Thicke Talks ‘Unrated’ Video
- Jennifer Nettles Says Sugarland Future Is Secure: ‘Nobody Panic!’
- Radio.com Essentials: Darius Rucker Digs His Boots Deeper Into Country
- Blink-182 Plans Auction To Assist Oklahoma Tornado Survivors
- New Releases: Darius Rucker, Daft Punk, The National, French Montana
- New Beyoncé Song ‘Grown Woman’ Explores Feminine Power
- Toby Keith Talks ‘Devastating’ Hometown Tornado
- From Donna Summer To Daft Punk, Giorgio Moroder Transcends Generations At First DJ Set