By Amanda Wicks
Niall Horan may not have finished recording his first solo album, but even though he’s focused on that project for the moment, he knows that his days with One Direction aren’t over just yet.
Speaking with Sunday People during a red carpet event in Los Angeles, Horan said of the boy band, “We will back. We would be silly not to… ridiculous.”
He wouldn’t give specifics about when fans can look forward to new music from One Direction, though. The boys are all staying busy with their separate projects, and it sounds like that could last a while. “At the moment we are all doing our own thing,” he said. “Harry [Styles] wanted to do his movie and everyone is just chilling.” Besides Styles’ growing interest in acting, he also signed a deal with Columbia Records to make a solo album.
Horan, meanwhile, released the popular single “This Town” in late September, and said he had finished recording about half of his solo debut. There’s no word on when that will be available, but from the sounds of it fans should rest assured that the “extended hiatus” One Direction announced last year is just that and not a permanent break.