By Annie Reuter
The end of marijuana prohibition is spreading across the world—and fittingly, Bob Marley will be the face of Marley Natural, the first global brand of marijuana.
According to Today, Marley Natural is “a premium cannabis brand rooted in the life and legacy” of the late musician.
Marley Natural will also offer pot-infused creams, accessories and strains of heirloom Jamaican cannabis, according to Billboard.
“This is what the end of prohibition looks like,” said Brendan Kennedy, CEO of Privateer Holdings, which owns Marley Natural, in a press release. “Bob Marley started to push for legalization more than 50 years ago. We’re going to help him finish it. We’re committed to social change, environmental sustainability and building a professional, responsible and legal cannabis industry.”
Marley’s family is also behind the company—”It just seems natural that Daddy should be part of this conversation,” Marley’s daughter Cedella said.
Marley Natural is a New York-based company. Each item and accessory of the brand will be packaged by Heckler Associates, the agency that branded companies including New Balance and Starbucks Coffee.
Read more on Radio.com
- The Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards: Hands Off My Shepherd’s Pie
- Def Leppard’s Joe Elliott Interview: Breaking America with ‘Heartbreak’
- Bon Jovi Delivers ‘When We Were Us’ on ‘Colbert’
- Listen to Unreleased Jimi Hendrix Recording of ‘Lover Man’
- Bob Seger is Optimistic About Touring: ‘I Really Hope I’m Not Done’