By Marissa G. Muller
Over the weekend, Will and Win Butler, Nikolai Fraiture and Justin Vernon played their first and possibly only show together as Pop All Star Band.
The show went down in Montreal, home to Arcade Fire, at the halftime of an annual charity basketball game called POP Vs. Jock that the Butler brothers organized.
As if forming the supergroup that indie dreams are made of wasn’t enough, the crew also treated the benefit’s audience to a basketball game where they, along with NBA players, faced off against college basketball players. Their team, Team Pop, took home the win at 101-92.
In their performance, Pop All Star Band covered Phil Collins’ “In the Air Tonight” and The White Stripes’ “Seven Nation Army,” with help from Arcade Fire’s Régine Chassagne and other AF members.
Read more on Radio.com
- Mike Shinoda Supports March For Our Lives: ‘Protect Kids, Not Guns’
- Jack White Gets Weird for ‘Over and Over and Over’ Video
- Thirty Seconds to Mars Drop ‘One Track Mind’ with A$AP Rocky
- Marilyn Manson & Courtney Love Get Freaky for ‘Tattooed in Reverse’ Video
- Pearl Jam Joined by Red Hot Chili Peppers for Live Neil Young Cover