By Marissa G. Muller
Over the weekend, Will and Win Butler, Nikolai Fraiture and Justin Vernon played their first and possibly only show together as Pop All Star Band.
The show went down in Montreal, home to Arcade Fire, at the halftime of an annual charity basketball game called POP Vs. Jock that the Butler brothers organized.
As if forming the supergroup that indie dreams are made of wasn’t enough, the crew also treated the benefit’s audience to a basketball game where they, along with NBA players, faced off against college basketball players. Their team, Team Pop, took home the win at 101-92.
In their performance, Pop All Star Band covered Phil Collins’ “In the Air Tonight” and The White Stripes’ “Seven Nation Army,” with help from Arcade Fire’s Régine Chassagne and other AF members.
Read more on Radio.com
- GRAMMY Awards: How Are the Trophies Actually Made?
- Prince Tribute to Feature Previously Unreleased Recordings
- 15 Artists That Have Never Won a Grammy But Should
- Dirty Heads ‘Celebrate’ Fans and Family with New Video: Watch
- Kendrick Lamar, Sam Smith & U2 to Perform at 60th GRAMMY Awards