By Philip Cosores
With this week’s 10th anniversary of Funeral, some of the Arcade Fire attention has been about as far away from their classic debut LP as possible: a charity basketball game.
POP Vs. Jock is the annual hoops event thrown by the Butler brothers, Win and Will, at the McGill University Sports Centre in Montreal. This year will feature the Arcade Fire ballers teaming with Justin Vernon of Bon Iver and Nikolai Fraiture of The Strokes.
With that many great musicians on the court together, it seems like a waste to not have them play some tunes together.
Fortunately, they agree, and the Arcade Fire Twitter has announced a special set of music will be performed at the event, with the aforementioned musicians joining forces to form the Pop All Star Band, which Consequence of Sound supposes will perform at half-time.
After the event, Win Butler and LCD Soundsystem’s James Murphy will play DJ sets at an after-party.
The musicians will compete against college basketball players, who will play on the Jock team.
Read more on Radio.com
- Royal Blood Come Alive in New ‘Look Like You Know’ Concert Video: Watch
- The Neighbourhood Announce New Album, Tour Dates & New Song ‘Void’
- Marilyn Manson Suffers Bizarre Onstage Meltdown in New York
- K. Flay Reveals New Song ‘Run for Your Life’ from ‘Tomb Raider’ Movie
- The Steve Miller Band to Release 50th Anniversary Vinyl Box Set