Bruce Springsteen To Release Four-Song EP for Record Store Day
By Brian Ives
Bruce Springsteen‘s fans are still digesting the new songs from his recent release High Hopes, and more new music is on the way, but it may be tough to get for many fans. He has just announced, via his website, that he is releasing a four-song vinyl EP, American Beauty, for Record Store Day.
Oddly, the release of the EP, according to Springsteen’s website, is April 26; however Record Store Day (according to its website) is April 19. It’s unknown if the songs will be released in any other format: limited edition Record Store Day releases, particularly those with rare material, tend to sell out very quickly.
The four songs on the EP — the title track, “Mary Mary,” “Hey Blue Eyes” and ”Hurry Up Sundown” — were recorded during the High Hopes sessions according to the post on Springsteen’s website. Rolling Stone reports that guitarist Tom Morello plans on covering “Hey Blue Eyes” for an upcoming project. Morello plays on several songs on High Hopes, but no information about personnel on the EP has been released yet.
In related news, the 2013 MusiCares Person of the Year event, which paid tribute to Springsteen, will be released on DVD, Blu-Ray and as a digital download on March 25. That show saw a diverse lineup, including Mumford and Sons, Elton John, John Legend, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Sting, Alabama Shakes and others covering Springsteen’s music (and Springsteen performed as well at the end of the night. See the full track list below.
01. “Adam Raised a Cain” Performed by Alabama Shakes
02. “Because the Night” Performed by Patti Smith
03. “Atlantic City” Performed by Natalie Maines, Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite
04. “American Land” Performed by Ken Casey
05. “My City of Ruins” Performed by Mavis Staples and Zac Brown
06. “I’m On Fire” Performed by Mumford and Sons
07. “American Skin (41 Shots)” Performed by Jackson Browne and Tom Morello
08. “My Hometown” Performed by Emmylou Harris
09. “One Step Up” Performed by Kenny Chesney
10. “Streets of Philadelphia” Performed by Elton John
11. “Hungry Heart” Performed by Juanes
12. “Tougher Than the Rest” Performed by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
13. “The Ghost of Tom Joad” Performed by Jim James and Tom Morello
14. “Dancing in the Dark” Performed by John Legend
15. “Lonesome Day” Performed by Sting
16. “Born in the USA” Performed by Neil Young with Crazy Horse
17. “We Take Care of Our Own” Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
18. “Death to My Hometown” Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
19. “Thunder Road” Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
20. “Born to Run” Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
21. “Glory Days” Performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band & cast ensemble