‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith Died From Mixture Of Heroin And Alcohol
Three days after Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel, the British Columbia coroner has announced that the actor died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.
After the completion of an autopsy and toxicological analysis yesterday (July 16), it was revealed that Monteith died of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.” Police do not suspect foul play and believe the actor died alone.
A release from the coroner stated, “there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”
Monteith, who had struggled with addiction since he was 13, had checked himself into a rehab facility this past April for substance addiction.
After the release of the coroners report, Monteith’s co-star and girlfriend, Lea Michele released a statement to People thanking fans for their support during this difficult time.
“Lea is deeply grateful for all the love and support she’s received from family, friends, and fans,” reads the statement. “Since Cory’s passing, Lea has been grieving alongside his family and making appropriate arrangements with them. They are supporting each other as they endure this profound loss together. We continue to ask the media to respect the privacy of Lea and Cory’s family.”
An investigation is ongoing and a full report of Monteith’s autopsy will be released at a later date.